Big Ideas for Small Bathrooms
At American Standard we like to think your bathroom should be the same size as your garage. We realize, however, that’s not going to happen. Here are ways to turn a phone booth back into a bathroom.
Use lighter, cooler colors. They feel airy and trick the eye, which look beyond them. Wallpaper with a small pattern also helps expand the space. Try some on the ceiling. Or install tile with a subtle pattern that repeats on the floor. Go heavy on the lighting. A skylight, a bay window or a glass block wall could do wonders.
Choose reflective surfaces, such as a shiny marble vanity. By the same principle, put up the biggest mirror you can. Try a glass shower enclosure. Make sure it’s shatterproof glass.
Emphasize the horizontal. A tile border will do just that. If you have a long, narrow room, paint the short walls a darker color to give them more weight. Tap unused vertical space for storage. Put a cabinet above the toilet, for example. Put up lots of hooks. Hang baskets.
Now here’s the good part. If your bathroom is small, you can afford to splurge on the materials.
- Print discount coupon
- How-To Guides
- Accessible Style
- Big Ideas for Small Bathrooms
- How to Choose a Bathroom Sink
- How to Choose a Faucet
- How to Choose a Kitchen Sink
- How to Choose a Toilet
- Finding a Professional
- How to Choose the Right Color for Your Bathroom or Kitchen
- How to Choose a Massage Tub
- How to Stay in Budget for a Bathroom Remodel
- How to Make Your Bathroom like a Spa
- Features & Innovations
- Best Match Chart (Manual Bidet)
- Best Match Chart (E-Bidet)
- Right Fit Chart (E-Bidet)
- Request For Installation Service
- Limited Warranty And Service Charge
- Care and Repair
- Where to buy